First Evangelical Lutheran Church

First Evangelical
Lutheran Church

1623 Washington St.

Algonac, MI

Close
Get Directions
'; ';
Options hide options
Print Reset
Fetching directions...

First Evangelical Lutheran Church

The First Evangelical Lutheran Church chose the block Luther’s Rose.  This block was designed for Martin Luther, a 16th century monk and theologian, in 1530.  The Luther Rose is a familiar symbol for the Lutheran Church, making it the perfect block choice for this host location.  The white rose symbolizes joy, comfort, and peace.  The red heart with the black cross in the center reminds us that we live by faith in Christ the crucified. The block is painted by Liz’s Barn Quilts.

The church started in the town hall, then to a house, which was moved to Dixie and Washington Streets. The vacated lot is where the church now stands. The church originated with the current fellowship hall and in 1987 a new sanctuary was added.

For more information visit the Facebook page of First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Algonac.

https://www.facebook.com/p/First-Evangelical-Lutheran-Church-of-Algonac-100071922006767/

Entrance

The accessible entrance is located off of Green Street.

Sanctuary

The church sanctuary viewed from the rear of the church.

Washington Street

The view of the church from Washington Street features the large cross on the building.